Saturday, January 10, 2009

Italian Preparation.

I'm off to Rome on Sunday for a few days. In order to be able to communicate with local italians, I've decided to do the smart thing, and learn some key phrases that I feel will be useful. Feel free to use these if you ever find yourself in Italy.

  • Mi scusi signore, ma un gran pezzo di grasso è scesa dal tuo capello, nel mio caffè - Excuse me mister, but a large piece of grease has fallen from your hair, into my coffee.

  • Auguro a visitare il suo famoso campanile di pizza. - I wish to visit your famous Tower of Pizza

  • Potrebbe, per favore, mi mostri la strada verso la casa di Mario? O la casa di Luigi? - Could you show me the way to Mario's house? Or Luigi's?

  • Sono qui per vedere il papa. Digli David è qui.. - I am here to see the Pope. Tell him David is here.

  • Che cosa significa che io non possa vederlo? - What do you mean I can not see him?

  • Ti è dirgli che si tratta di me? Qual è il problema? - Did you tell him that it is me? What is the problem?

  • Non sto lasciando poi! - Then I'm not leaving!

  • No! Se volete farmi uscire dalla Popemobile, si dovrà rimuovere me! - No! If you want me to get out of the Popemobile, you will have to remove me!

  • Andate via, è stupido svizzera Pansy! - Go away, you stupid Swiss pansy!

  • Aiuto! Aiuto! Mi viene aggredito! - Help! Help! I'm being attacked!

  • Non colpevole, il vostro onore. - Not guilty, your honour.


So there we have a few choice phrases that should help to accommodate a wide variety of situations. I hope they help anyone who travels to Rome in the future and hopefully they serve me well over the next few days!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on your report on how you asked someone where Mario/Luigi lives! :D

    ReplyDelete