Friday, January 9, 2009

Film Review: Lord of The Rings Trilogy



I will be reviewing the LoTR trilogy as one film as I have just watched them all in one sitting. Purists do regard it as one long film, and I will not argue with that as it did feel as if it was all one 10 and a half hour film. The time was in no way a problem, it really did fly by. This is a credit to both Jackson and of course one J.R.R Tolkien for capturing the viewers imagination.

In my opinion, these films gave rise to the popularity of the word 'epic' in film and casual speak, and it's no wonder really, as it perfectly describes the trilogy. There is not a single moment of any of the trilogy that I did not enjoy. It'd had been years since I had seen any of them, and it was fun seeing all the little things I'd missed first time round. Seeing Brett McKenzie from Flight of The Conchords in the first and third films was great, and spotting the Ent in Return of The King dousing his flaming head in a giant wave provided a good giggle.

I'd like to apologise to Boromir and Sean Bean because when I first saw the Fellowship of the Ring, I thought the character was a bit of a prick (pardon me!) for trying to steal the ring. But on this viewing I relaise it was a moment of weakness form an otherwise honourable character. He also deserves the title of 'tough c*nt' for fighting of Uruk-hai while having 3 or 4 arrows sticking out of his chest! Fair fucks to him!

I really don't think I can properly describe just how much I enjoyed this film. When I try to think of words for it I just feel a rush of adrenaline thinking of the battles and a feeling of attachment to all of the character. Well there is one word I suppose...



EPIC!



Score:
30 / 10


Bonus Youtube video : HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment