Friday, January 29, 2010

The "random musings than don't warrant their own post" post. #1

Apologies for the lack of action on here lately. College has been a bit of a mindfuck and I've had to get myself organised so as not to eff up my life. I've not done a whole pile as of late so this is just a collection of little things.



  • Despite listening to them on a weekly basis, I rediscovered why I love Crystal Castles so much. When you want to dance and have a right giggle, their music is perfect, but also they're so relaxing if you listen to them on a low volume while trying to sleep.
  • I've bought a diary. I really don't know why I didn't get one ages ago! It makes keeping track of comedy gigs and bookings so much easier and I've also incorporated it into my set.
  • I started running a comedy club along with two of my best mates, Jon Hozier-Byrne and Conor Barry. It's called Chairman LMAO's Comedy Blah Blah and it's on alternating Sundays in the Twisted Pepper on Middle Abbey St, Dublin. Making money from comedy is weird as it doesn't feel right getting paid to tell some jokes; nearly as if it's too easy or there's a catch or something.
  • At the opening night of Chairman LMAO's our sketch group made it's debut. We're called The Glen Coco Experience and the sketches were some of the most fun I've had on stage. We hope to gig as much as we can and hopefully get a name for ourselves while still pursuing our individual stand up careers, much like Foil, Arms and Hogs.
  • I recently support Karl Spain which brings my total of comedians from The Panel that I've supported to 2. In the next few months I'm set to support both Jason Byrne and Jarlath Regan. All in all, comedy is going well.
  • College, however, not so much. After getting disastrous results I felt horrible as it means my rents will have to fork out at least €500 for me to resit these. However after getting a fantastic consoling text message from my dad made me realise that there's no point getting down about the results, and while I still feel guilty over the cost, the only thing I can do is to put my head down and work so I pass everything in the Summer.
  • My sleep pattern is slowly getting normalised after well over a year of being out of whack.
Finally, I'll leave you with a picture I intended on posting before Christmas but forgot to. Laters!


2 comments:

  1. Aren't all blog posts random musings that don't warrant their own post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine all warrant their own posts! Humpf! :p

    ReplyDelete