Sunday, November 7, 2010

The "random musings than don't warrant their own post" post. #2

Rightio, it has been over a month since my last entry, but unlike most other times I've had a valid reason, which I'll mention at the end. But first some smaller things that don't warrant a full post of their own.

  • I did my 100th comedy gig of 2010. I did my first of the year on January 21st and having kept record of everyone since. I did in the region of 25 gigs in 2009, so I'm very pleased with reaching 100 this year. Thanks to anyone who gave me a gig or came to support; it's greatly appreciated.
  • I performed in The Stand Comedy Club in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The Glasgow one was one of the best I've done and it was a huge deal to me as it's where Stewart Lee, my favourite comedian, recorded some of his DVDs. Probably no big deal to most, but I'm a bit of a sap.
  • I'm actually keeping on top of all my college work, for the first since I started 3rd level education in 2007. So a large part of the reason I've not posted more is to do with the fact that I'm doing my college work which I find interesting and sort of enjoy doing. IADT > UCD.
  • I saw The Social Network, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but the highlight of the movie to me was the soundtrack, by Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor. I really hope the two work together on further soundtracks as this on is stellar.
  • The reason I didn't post anything over during October was that my parents told me they were getting divorced, so I was a little shaken and preoccupied with that. Material to follow.
So yeah, thats the last month in a nutshell.

1 comment: