Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chatroulette; A Hindsight Review.

Chatroulette is one of the latest internet crazes. It's a lot like Omegle, in the sense that you're connected with a random stranger, but on CR your webcam and mics are connected too. Sounds like a fantastic idea alright, and it is to an extent, up until you realise that a vast majority of the users are guys wanking, looking for girls to flash them.
If you can get past seeing a numerous fwapping guys for a second at a time, some fun can be had on CR. This is a conversation I had with a guy on CR about 3 weeks ago, when the user numbers were somewhere between 3000 and 7000 (these days it just says there are ">20000 users").
To set the scene; it was about 4am GMT, I had my "The Dark Knight" Batman mask, the Joker's mask he wears during the bank robbery scene and my Ash Ketchum hat beside me.

(I'm wearing my Batman mask when it starts)

You: this city needs a hero...
Stranger: dude
Stranger: i'm so baked right now
Stranger: Thank you
You: wait
You: it gets better
Stranger: Just thank you
Stranger: YOu take it off, and you're bruce wayne!?
You: this city needs a hero against who?
You: the joker you say?
(Switch to Joker mask)
Stranger: Diabetes!
Stranger: And people say chatroulette isn't fun
You: but waith!!!
You: on thee horizon
You: who is it???
Stranger: Oh shit
You: is it?
You: it can' t be!!
You: it is !!
You: it's ....
Stranger: Not the late heath ledger?

(I put Ash's hat on)
You: ash ketchum
Stranger: Oh thank god
Stranger: Ash to save the day
You: its the joker in disguise¬!!

It was at this point that Firefox decided to crash.

As I mentioned before, there are far too many guys on CR that ask girls to flash them but this has lead to some girls deciding to draw pictures or signs in response. Below is a picture of the first girl I encountered with one such sign and, as you can see from my face, I thought this was pretty freakin' funny!


She just "nexted" me without saying anything, which just made it funnier, as she was clearly just clicking her way through CR for giggles.

It's dawned on me that in the above picture I look like I'm wearing one of those ceremonial orthodox Jewish rabbi hats as opposed to a hoody which is ironic considering I got that hoody in the Jewish district of Antwerp. Spooky.

I'll leave you all ("all" being the 10 or so people who'll read this) with another encounter that made me smile.


Pika pika!

EDIT: It was just brought to my attention by a friend that had I been wearing my Ash Ketchum hat then it'd have been a moment of pure, innocent awesomeness!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, nice. Got to try that out some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! we became network buddies through CR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =/ the batman thing isnt that funny...
    maybe instead of creating your own content, you should steal some from better sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the chatroullette thing does sound kinda interesting ... i may give it a try someday

    ReplyDelete