Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ireland win Grand Slam and 6 Nations.

On a day where my beloved Manchester United lost for the second week on the trot (I happened to witness the mauling to the Scousers in person:( ), Ireland's rugby team made us all proud by beating Wales to win the 6 Nations for the first time and the Grand Slam for the first time since 1948.
Unfortunately I didn't get the catch the second half of the game, so rather than talk about the game I was just want to say a few relevant things.

This is a great day, not only for Irish rugby, but for Irish sport in general. It is not often that Ireland performs so well on a world stage, and over the last decade or so it has been the rugby lads job to keep our sporting dignity.

Also congratulations to Bernard Dunne, Andy Lee, Katy Taylor and my neighbour Andy Murray for winning their respective fights tonight. Sorry to the other boxers who were fighting, names are escaping me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment